Kirche St. Martini

Tightly surrounded by farmhouses, this massive and plain church building of St. Martini would hardly give a hint of the overabundant equipment inside which is waiting for the curious visitors. In the Reformation time in which the church was built, such decoration was rather uncommon. All the more surprising is the big abundance of pictures on the pulpit, the altar, the galleries and the ceiling of the sanctuary. Especially impressing: the altar shrine from the year 1611 depicting the Annunciation, the Deposition from the Cross and the Resurrection. In the tower of the church there is a lovingly furnished museum of local history.

Contact:

Minister Rüdiger Pütz
Telephone: 056659 - 611