Lutherkirche (Luther church)

Around the year 1350 the town of Tambach received its church that Martin Luther visited in 1537, when he took a break in the town. It was damaged by two conflagrations and subsequently rebuilt, but larger and with a new look. In celebration of Martin Luther’s 400th birthday, the Lutherglocke (Luther bell) was acquired in 1883. But only at the beginning of the 20th century the church of Tambach received the name Lutherkirche. The „Tambacher Rede“ (speech of Tambach), held by Karl Barth in the community hall of the church of Tambach in 1919, was the initiation for the theological reconsideration in the Protestant church of Thuringia. Comprehensively refurbished, the Lutherkirche was re-opened as the community centre Lutherkirche.

Church services:

Sundays 9.30 a.m.

Contact:

Evangelisch-Lutherische Kirche
Pfarramt
99897 Tambach-Dietharz
Hauptstraße 77

Telephone: 036252 - 36223